Saturday, 15 October 2011

Today 15 October 2011

Well the rugby is finished, another disappointment, pathetic France in the final, would hate it if they should win. Hopefully New Zealand will beat the Australians tomorrow!I went to post a book to a young reader in Wolseley just now, Chandre Manuel your book is on its way! Last night's booklaunch was fabulous. Nicholas Smallberg had ten children aged between 10 and 13 reading from his book. Musician Trudy Rushin was at her awesome best. Lana English was also a revelation with her beautiful voice. A rock-guitarist entertained us too but wow to have a rock-guitar player at a booklaunch was a bit unsettling! Got to get used to it.Strange times. Joanne Petersen a young woman who I had the privilege of travelling with to the States as exchange artists in 2008 has passed away. When we returned from the USA in 2008 she stayed behind with her partner. It was not long after that that I heard she discovered that she had breast cancer. I read sometime ago that she was doing well! Wonder what went wrong? Resolve? We have to make it ourselves. Doctors also make mistakes. We know our bodies, we should act when it tells us something is wrong, yes, we can act - there are many ways, we don't always have to run to the doctor, they get it wrong too and from what I have heard these past few weeks, they get it wrong quite often. Now its for me to take care of my body. Strange enough, I have been eating less healthily these past two weeks but feel better than what I felt in a long time. For me it has a lot to do with the mind too. I have rid myself of negative ones around me, decided to let those who does not want to change go on their crooked path and to rather spent the energy on myself. It works! I just need to get my writing into a rhythm. I must confess Facebook is a big detractor. I will have to decide how I will deal with it. It is either deleting myself from it or get another kind of system, twice a week or so. But I am very happy that I started to blog again. Yesterday I had two sentences coming into my mind. I knew that that was the start of a great poem. Unfortunately I did not have a pen and little book with me! Damn, I lost those two lines! Yet another resolve, carry that pen and paper!Tonight its the Africa Poetry Festival, I was invited - don't know yet who I am taking along. Could be that I will go all alone, might be a good plan. Just for fun I will take my books along and see if I can sell any.The sun is out albeit just just. Huge, swirling clouds in the air, the wind howling, is there a storm brewing? Never mind, I've got to go now, it is Saturday afternoon, going to have some fun!Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment