Sunday, 30 October 2011

It is Sunday afternoon. The month is on its knees, soon to be on its back.

The funeral of Ricardo January (my nephew, 32 years of age) will be remembered for the many young people who were there, their sad faces and his mom's heartbreak. He lay at peace in his white coffin. May God grant him eternal peace.

Last night was also the birthday party of my friend, Gay-Lucille Hendricks, the sister of one of my bestest friends Selena Boonzaaier. My poem for Gay was spot-on I think. She loved it. I met many people but the best was to connect with old friends.

What a Sunday. Springrain and the quiet of the Sunday air just do it for me. The lovely lunch cooked by my sister Rugshana has completed this day for me. Now I need to go walk and just drink in the beauty of the Cape Town landscape.

Time for me to get back to the books and see if I can produce anything, I promised the readers a poem and don't want to post an old one, it must be fresh from the oven. There is so much going through my head right now, I hope I can focus and bring forth something that can make people think.

Till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment